SSC offers risk management services to banks, financial institutions, legal and real estate firms. These services include commercial and real estate loan reviews, credit underwriting and analysis, loan work-outs and restructuring, foreclosure management, portfolio management and expert witness. Engagements include assistance with an entire portfolio or a targeted client base. The scope of work can include:
- Borrower / Guarantor / Industry Analysis – background, nature of business, competitive position, experience.
- Cash Flow Analysis – revenue trends, profitability trends, transaction debt service coverage, global debt service coverage.
- Balance Sheet Analysis – liquidity, leverage, asset turnover, contingent liabilities.
- Collateral Analysis – quality, location, marketability, rent rolls, leases, construction budgets, sources and uses of funds, collateral valuation, loan-to-value, current value estimates, independent review of appraisals.
- Loan Structure and Source of Repayment Analysis – amortizations, maturities, primary and secondary sources of repayment.
- Quality and Appropriateness of Documents – accuracy of documents versus loan approvals and appraisals.
- Loan Work-Outs and Restructuring – identification of repayment alternatives, negotiation, and legal documentation management.
- Foreclosure Management – liaison with and coordinate all third-party professionals including lawyers, appraisers, environmental consultants, contractors, real estate brokers and property managers.